[Numpy-discussion] 1.5.x branched

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sun Jul 18 10:52:26 EDT 2010

Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:13:43 +0800, Ralf Gommers wrote:
[clip]
> Builds fine on OS X 10.6 with both 2.7 and 3.1, and all tests pass. With
> one exception: in-place build for 3.1 is broken. Does anyone know is
> this is a distutils or numpy issue? The problem is that on import
> numpy.__config__ can not be found.

The inplace build goes to

	build/py3k

I don't think we can easily support inplace build in the main directory.

[clip]
> Don't think that's going to happen, but it would be good to discuss the
> release schedule. What changes need to go in before a first beta, and
> how much time do you all need for that?

I don't have anything urgent.

It might be good to glance through the tickets, however, to see if
there's something serious pending.

Also, I'm not 100% sure what's the Python 3 status on Windows, so that
should be checked too.

	Pauli