[Numpy-discussion] Crosstabulation

sandric ionut sandricionut at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 03:55:34 EDT 2010

Hi Friedrich:

For land-use a class would be for example forest, other would be orchard etc.
For Slope gradient I would have values which <3 and between 3 and 7 etc. So, I
will have 2 raster data with, let's say, 3 classes each: forest, orchards and
built-up area and for slope gradient: 0-3, 3-15, 15-35. The cross-tabulation
analysis should give me a table like:

            forest orchards built-up
0-3         10         20           15
3-15       5           10           20
15-35     5           15           15

where the numbers represents all the common cells, for example: 10 cells with
forest correspond to 10 cells with 0-3 slope gradient interval and so on
(by cells I mean the pixel from a raster data)

The analysis is better illustrated here:
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=tabulate_area

Ionut