[Numpy-discussion] numpy for Python 3?

Renato Fabbri renato.fabbri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 07:44:26 EDT 2010

> Get:
> c:\Python31>python3 setup.py build
> 'python3' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

dude, look carefully to your commands, try to start python3 as a
interpreter. do simple tests, forward to lists the correct commands.

do NOT  sniff glue, chloroform or toluene to do this kind of stuff. it
is NOT a waste of time, but there are better ways to enjoy the trip.

i gotta get some sleep.

best regards,
_o_o_ oOo _o_o_
rgkttmsfrf.

>> 3) read CAREFULLY the output at your console. Specially the last
>> lines. Start looking for an error, try to find where all errors
>> start., that is, where the errors sequence is initiated.
>>
>> 4) When u find out what initiated the error sequence, solve it!
>>
>> 5) when "c:\....\python3 setup.py build" runs smoothly, do
>> "c:\...\python3 setup.py install"
>>
>> if i may, consider installing a linux distro, maybe ubuntu (ubuntu
>> 10.04 is running very well). life gets better.
>>
>> best of luck,
>> rf

>>> OK, I checked out, cd-ed to numpy, but "python3 setup.py build"
>>> doesn't work. Get
>>>
>>> c:\SVNRepository\numpy>python3 setup.py build
>>> 'python3' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>>> operable program or batch file.
>>>
>>> So I tried just
>>> c:\SVNRepository\numpy>setup.py build
>>>
>>> Saw stuff happen I didn't understand. Maybe complete screwed things
>>> up. How do I tell? What's next?
>>>
>>> Dick
>>> python3 setup.py build
>>>

>> --