[Numpy-discussion] Complete and build the example from the "Using Numpy C-API" documentation.

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at enthought.com
Tue Jul 20 17:50:22 EDT 2010

I would like to take the example shown here:

  http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/user/c-info.how-to-extend.html#example

and complete the code so I can build and test the extension module.  Is
that example currently correct?  It is slightly different from the older
example in the numpy book, so someone must have had a reason to change it.

I've added the C array of PyMethodDefs and the module init function, but
I'm still searching for the correct #includes for the numpy stuff.  Any
suggestions (or pointers to similar simple but complete examples) would
be appreciated.

Warren