[Numpy-discussion] Numpy installation problem

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 15:58:49 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Jonathan Tu <jhtu at princeton.edu> wrote:

> I am unable to find the files lapack_lite.so or _dotblas.so.  I used the locate command to look for them.

If you just installed numpy, locate won't find them as locate uses a
database which is usually updated once in a while.

Depending on how you installed numpy, you will find lapack_lite.so in
/usr, $HOME/.local or somewhere else (and also in the build directory
in the numpy source tree).

_dotblas.so may not be present, but numpy cannot work without a lapack_lite.so.

cheers,

David