[Numpy-discussion] module compiled against ABI version 2000000 but this version of numpy is 1000009

Peter Schmidtke pschmidtke at mmb.pcb.ub.es
Thu Jul 29 12:45:38 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to install manually the latest releases of scipy and numpy on Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. I previously used the dmg installer that is available, but the numpy version is too new for some other modules I have and need on my machine, so I went for a manual install of numpy 1.4 and scipy 0.8.

I can import numpy without problems, but when I import scipy.cluster for example, I get an error message like :

module compiled against ABI version 2000000 but this version of numpy is 1000009

I understand that both scipy and numpy are not compatible...but what numpy version should I use? I already use the newest release and I cannot go for the svn version as pycuda won't work as it should anymore.

Thanks in advance for your lights on this.

Peter Schmidtke

PhD Student
Department of Physical Chemistry
School of Pharmacy