[Numpy-discussion] module compiled against ABI version 2000000 but this version of numpy is 1000009

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jul 29 13:01:37 EDT 2010

Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:45:38 +0200, Peter Schmidtke wrote:
> I am trying to install manually the latest releases of scipy and numpy
> on Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. I previously used the dmg installer that
> is available, but the numpy version is too new for some other modules I
> have and need on my machine,

Which dmg installer? Numpy 1.4.1 is the newest one available.

> so I went for a manual install of numpy 1.4 and scipy 0.8.

How is manually compiling 1.4.1 different from using the 1.4.1 dmg? Or is
this some OSX issue where you have multiple versions of Python around?

> I can import numpy without problems, but when I import scipy.cluster for
> example, I get an error message like:
>
> module compiled against ABI version 2000000 but this version of numpy is
> 1000009

You have compiled scipy not against 1.4.1, but some other version of
Numpy -- probably the SVN trunk, or possibly 1.4.0 (a release that was
cancelled because of binary incompatibility).

You need to recompile scipy, and check that you use the version of Numpy
you expect to use.

> I understand that both scipy and numpy are not compatible...but what
> numpy version should I use? I already use the newest release

The above indeed shows that you are probably using 1.4.1, but the scipy
you import was compiled against either the SVN version of Numpy or 1.4.0.

--
Pauli Virtanen