[Numpy-discussion] floating point arithmetic issue

Guillaume Chérel guillaume.c.cherel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:48:45 EDT 2010

Hi Pauli,

Your solution is really good. It's almost exactly what I was doing,
but shorter and I didn't know about the mgrid thing.

There is an extra optimization step I perform in my code to avoid the
computation of the many points of the grid (assuming the circles are
relatively small) which you know only by their x or y coordinate
they're out of the circle without computing the distance. And that's
where I need the modulo operator to compute the left-most and top-most
points of the grid that are inside the circle.

I'll try with your solution, maybe my optimization isn't that
necessary with the mgrid trick.