[Numpy-discussion] Is there really a moderator that reviews posts?

John Hunter jdh2358 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:43:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Sebastian Haase <seb.haase at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:23 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Sebastian Haase <seb.haase at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't want to complain ....
>>> But what is wrong with a limit of 40kB ? There are enough places where
>>> one could upload larger files for everyone interested...
>>
>> Not everyone knows about 'em, though - can you list some here, please.
>> Thanks!
>
> I like                            http://drop.io - easy to use - up to 100MB
>   also see                    http://yousendit.com            (have
> not used it)
> for longish text there is  http://pastebin.com              (have not used it)

For archival purposes (eg future googlers) having the data/images
on-list is preferable to off-list, since drop.io and friends have less
persistence in my experience.  I agree there should be limits and the
threshold should be fairly small, but the occasional small image or
dataset shouldn't be too onerous.  I admin the mpl list and upped the
default to 200K, but we get more legitimate image submissions than
most lists....

JDH