[Numpy-discussion] NumPy re-factoring project

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sat Jun 12 16:12:28 EDT 2010

If I could, I would like to throw out another possible feature that might
need to be taken into consideration for designing the implementation of
numpy arrays.

One thing I found somewhat lacking -- if that is the right term -- is a way
to convolve a numpy array with an arbitrary windowing element.  I managed to
do some fancy indexing approaches, but they never did seem efficient.

So -- if it is at all possible -- I would like to see a design that not only
vectorizes well, but could also be used be used efficiently in arbitrary (or
"fancy") indexing schemes as well.

Maybe what I am asking is technically infeasible... I don't know.  Just
something to consider.

I'll get back to doing documentation...
Ben Root