[Numpy-discussion] distutils and Framework

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 20:26:40 EDT 2010

2010/6/17 Charles سمير Doutriaux <doutriaux1 at llnl.gov>:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that when using a Framework based python under Mac.
>
> numpy nicely gets installed into the Python.Framework directory by default.
>
> But then if I use:
>
> from numpy.distutils.core import setup, Extension
>
> It installed under the regular:
> ${prefix}/lib/python-2.6/site-packages
>
> which forces the use of PYTHONPATH
>
> Any idea on what's needed to have the modules installed under the Framework directory ?

numpy.distutils shouldn't be changing any of that. I'm guessing there
is something else wrong.

1. Make sure you do not have a ~/.pydistutils.cfg or setup.cfg file
setting the install path.

2. Which Python are you using? Are you sure that you are using the
same python executable for installing numpy as the other package?

3. What is this ${prefix} that you are referring to?

4. Make a simple pure-Python dummy package with a trivial setup.py.
Try it both with "from distutils.core import setup" and "from
numpy.distutils.core import setup". See where they each install to.
Both work identically for me.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."