[Numpy-discussion] _wrapit bug?

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sun Jun 20 16:43:51 EDT 2010

Hi, I was just digging through the fromnumeric.py code when I noticed that
the function _wrapit used asarray() rather than asanyarray().  I don't know
if this function really gets used anymore (as it gets called in special
situations), but would seem to be an issue as it would cause  arrays such as
masked_array to lose its type.  For example, if _wrapit was called for a
max() function on a masked array, the max returned would be for the
ndarray's max, not the masked_array's max.

Let me know if this is a non-issue, I just thought I ought to point it out.

Thanks,
Ben Root