[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy Windows Superpack

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Wed Mar 3 21:12:58 EST 2010

Patrick Marsh wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:48 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com
> <mailto:cournape at gmail.com>> wrote:

>     That's a bug in the pavement script - on windows 7, some env variables
>     are necessary to run python correctly, which were not necessary for
>     windows < 7. I will fix this.

This is fixed in both trunk and 1.4.x now. I have not tested it, though.

> Okay, I had been removing the build and dist directories but didn't
> realize I needed to remove the numpy directory in the site-packages
> directory.  Deleting this last directory fixed the "matrix" issues and
> I'm now left with the two failures.  The latter failure doesn't seem to
> really be an issue to me and the first one is the same error that Ralf
> posted earlier - so for Python 2.5, I've got it working.  However,
> Python 2.6.4 still freezes on the test suite.  I'll have to look more
> into this today, but for reference, has anyone successfully built Numpy
> from the 1.4.x branch, on Windows 7, using Python 2.6.4?

This is almost always a problem with the C runtime. Those are a big PITA
to debug/understand/fix. You built this with Mingw, right ? The first
thing to check is whether you have several C runtimes loaded: you can
check this with the problem depends.exe: http://www.dependencywalker.com

I will try to look at this myself - I have only attempted Visual Studio
builds on Windows 7 so far,

cheers,

David