[Numpy-discussion] crash at prompt exit after running test

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen at lpta.in2p3.fr
Thu Mar 11 15:01:25 EST 2010

hi there, I am adding this to this thread and not to the trac, because I
am not sure whether it adds noise or a piece of info. I just downloaded
the scipy trunk and built it, and ran nosetests on it, which bombed
instantly....
So I tried to get into subdirs to check test scripts separately..... and
here is one :
[cohen at jarrett tests]$ ~/.local/bin/ipython test_integrate.py
AssertionError                            Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/cohen/sources/python/scipy/scipy/integrate/tests/test_integrate.py
in <module>()
     208
     209 if __name__ == "__main__":
--> 210     run_module_suite()
     211
     212

/home/cohen/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/testing/nosetester.pyc
in run_module_suite(file_to_run)
      75         f = sys._getframe(1)
      76         file_to_run = f.f_locals.get('__file__', None)
---> 77         assert file_to_run is not None
      78
      79     import_nose().run(argv=['',file_to_run])

AssertionError:
python: Modules/gcmodule.c:277: visit_decref: Assertion `gc->gc.gc_refs
!= 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
[cohen at jarrett tests]$ pwd
/home/cohen/sources/python/scipy/scipy/integrate/tests

the bomb is the same, but the context seems different... I leave that to
the experts :)
Johann