[Numpy-discussion] [OT] Starving CPUs article featured in IEEE's ComputingNow portal

Francesc Alted faltet at pytables.org
Thu Mar 18 09:57:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

Konrad Hinsen has just told me that my article "Why Modern CPUs Are Starving
and What Can Be Done About It", which has just released on the March/April
issue of "Computing in Science and Engineering", also made into this month's
free-access selection on IEEE's ComputingNow portal:

http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/0310/whatsnew/cise

On it, I discuss one of my favourite subjects, memory access, and why it is
important for nowadays computing.  There are also recommendations for people
wanting to squeeze the maximum of performance out of their computers.  And,
although I tried to be as language-agnostic as I could, there can be seen some
Python references here and there :-).

Well, sorry about this semi-OT but I could not resist :-)

--
Francesc Alted