[Numpy-discussion] Warnings in numpy.ma.test()

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Mar 18 15:19:11 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:12:10PM -0700, Christopher Barker wrote:
> sure -- that's kind of my point -- if EVERY numpy array were
> (potentially) masked, then folks would write code to deal with them
> appropriately.

That's pretty much saying: "I have a complicated problem and I want every
one else to have to deal with the full complexity of it, even if they
have a simple problem". In my experience, such choice doesn't fair well,
unless it is inside a controled codebase, and someone working on that
codebase is ready to spend heaps of time working on that specific issue.

Gaël