[Numpy-discussion] Help!!! Docstrings overrun by markup crap.

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sat Mar 20 15:32:44 EDT 2010

On 3/20/2010 2:15 PM, josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
> As far as I know, stars are the only way to render a list in
> restructured txt, otherwise it looses the list formatting.

Try a definition list?
Example below.
Alan

Returns
-------

q, r if mode = 'full':
    - q : ndarray of float or complex, shape (M, K)
    - r : ndarray of float or complex, shape (K, N)

    K = min(M, N)

r if mode = 'r':
    - r : ndarray of float or complex, shape (K, N)

a2 if mode = 'economic':
    - a2 : ndarray of float or complex, shape (M, N)

    The diagonal and the upper triangle of a2 contains r,
    while the rest of the matrix is undefined.