[Numpy-discussion] f2py: "could not crack entity declaration"

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:25:27 EDT 2010

On 26-Mar-10, at 8:08 AM, Kevin Jacobs wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM, David Warde-Farley <dwf at cs.toronto.edu
> >wrote:
>
>> I decided to give wrapping this code a try:
>>
>>       http://morrislab.med.utoronto.ca/~dwf/GLMnet.f90
>>

> I have a working f2py wrapper located at:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/glu-genetics/source/browse/trunk/glu/lib/glm/glmnet.pyf

Thanks Kevin. Part of it was as an exercise to arse myself to learn
how to use f2py, but it's good to have some reference :) That said, I
gave that wrapper a whirl and it crashed on me...

I noticed you added an 'njd' argument to the wrapper for elnet, did
you modify the elnet Fortran function at all? Is it fine to have
arguments in the wrapped version that don't directly correspond to the
raw fortran version?

Thanks,

David