[Numpy-discussion] pareto docstring

Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@bioinformed.com> bioinformed at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:11:51 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:14 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:

> A third option would be just to silently fix the bug. In any case the
> change should be mentioned noticeably in the release notes.

I see this as two bugs: the Lomax distribution was named incorrectly and the
Parato distribution was incorrect or confusingly labeled.  Both should be
fixed and clearly documented.  Unlike cases of changing tastes and
preferences, it seems unduly complicated and confusing to perseverate with
backward compatibility shims.  The next release is NumPy 2.0, which will
have other known and well advertised API and ABI incompatibilities.

Just my 2e-10 cents,
-Kevin