[Numpy-discussion] Introduction to Scott, Jason, and (possibly) others from Enthought

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed May 26 06:31:21 EDT 2010

Wed, 26 May 2010 10:50:19 +0200, Sebastian Walter wrote:
> I'm a potential user of the C-API and therefore I'm very interested in
> the outcome.
> In the previous discussion
> (http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/37409) many
> different views on what the new C-API "should" be were expressed.

I believe the aim of the refactor is to *not* change the C-API at all,
but separate it internally from the routines that do the heavy lifting.
Externally, Numpy would still look the same, but be more easy to maintain.

The routines that do the heavy lifting could then be good for reuse and
be more easy to maintain, but I think how and where they would be exposed
hasn't been discussed so far...

--
Pauli Virtanen