[Numpy-discussion] Introduction to Scott, Jason, and (possibly) others from Enthought

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Wed May 26 15:03:57 EDT 2010

2010/5/25 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
> Awesome! Since github now supports SVN interaction, and all the core
> devs use Git, now might be a good time to move the entire numpy source
> tree?  It will certainly make it easier to merge the refactor changes!

I would love to move numpy to github as well.  Almost everything I
work on is there now and I am really enjoying using git and the github
infrastructure is really nice.  This is obviously a separate issue and
one that shouldn't deflect the discussion on the proposed refactoring.
 But given how many of the developers are using git-svn and that you
can use an svn client with github, it might be worth having a quick
discussion about this in the near future.  For instance, I wonder how
many of the developer's prefer using git at this point.  Also it would
be interesting to hear from any of the developer's who would be
opposed to git.  A few year's ago this was a hot topic for discussion,
but it may be that this isn't very controversial at this point.

Jarrod