[Numpy-discussion] curious about how people would feel about moving to github

Anne Archibald aarchiba at physics.mcgill.ca
Wed May 26 22:19:27 EDT 2010

Hi Jarrod,

I'm in favour of the switch, though I don't use Windows. I find git
far more convenient to use than SVN; I've been using git-svn, and in
spite of the headaches it's caused me I still prefer it to raw SVN.

It seems to me that git's flexibility in how people collaborate means
we can do a certain amount of figuring out after the switch. My
experience with a small project has been that anyone who wants to make
major changes just clones the repository on github and makes the
changes; then we email the main author to ask him to pull particular
branches into the main repo. It works well enough.

Anne