[Numpy-discussion] Introduction to Scott, Jason, and (possibly) others from Enthought

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Wed May 26 22:46:29 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > there is no such thing as a "nice" bash shell for a windows user.
>> > I have no idea how to use one.
>>
>> It is a nice bash shell.   You may not want a nice bash shell ;)
>>
>> I can't imagine you'd object to one though.  It's just a useful place
>> to type git commands, with file / directory path autocompletion, git
>> branch autocompletion and so on.
>>

> Any shell on windows is a pain, if only because of the spaces in the
> filenames.

When I'm using git, or bzr or svn I use the windows shell which I'm
very familiar with ,and allows "standard" copy-paste and has quotes.

But since, I think, there are no numpy developers on Windows, and I'm
the only one for scipy, and occasional commits I can do with anything,
I won't argue this time.

Josef