[Numpy-discussion] curious about how people would feel about moving to github

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Wed May 26 23:49:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's the model we've gone for in nipy and ipython too.  We wrote it
> up in a workflow doc project.  Here are the example docs giving the
> git workflow for ipython:
>
> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/mb312/gitwash/
>
> and in particular:
>
> https://cirl.berkeley.edu/mb312/gitwash/development_workflow.html

I would highly recommend using this workflow.  Ideally, we should use
the same git workflow for all the scipy-related projects.  That way
developers can switch between projects without having to switch
workflows.  The model that Matthew and Fernando developed for nipy and
ipython seem like a very reasonable place to start.