[Numpy-discussion] curious about how people would feel about moving to github

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu May 27 01:55:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

> No, I am saying we need at least five people who can commit to the main
> repo. That is the central repository model.

Excellent - yes - that's reasonable.  Then if you also agree to this:

> No development in the main repo.  Merges only.

then we're all in full agreement.

> Review is fine, and it would be nice if more people were reviewing code. At
> the moment I think it is just Pauli, Stefan, and myself.

Right - and that is partly because it so much harder to do review with
the model that we have at the moment, and partly because we don't yet
have the tradition in numpy of review.   I think - honestly - if we're
going to be able to encourage and train new developers - we'll have to
get on that as soon as we can...

See you,

Matthew