[Numpy-discussion] Installing audiolab on python 2.6

arthur de conihout arthurdeconihout at gmail.com
Fri May 28 14:42:02 EDT 2010

Hi
I reinstall it on a different machine i got the same error with the nsdfile
no warning anymore with audiolab .
I followed these points:

Requirements¶<http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/audiolab/sphinx/installing.html#id1>

audiolab requires the following softwares:

   - a python interpreter.
   - libsndfile
   - numpy (any version >= 1.2 should work).
   - setuptools

 On Ubuntu, you can install the dependencies as follow:

sudo apt-get install python-dev python-numpy python-setuptools libsndfile-dev

  Optional¶<http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/audiolab/sphinx/installing.html#optional>

Audiolab can optionally install audio backends. For now, only alsa (Linux)
and Core Audio (Mac OS X) are supported. On Linux, you need alsa headers for
this to work; on Ubuntu, you can install them with the following command:

sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev

 For Mac OS X, you need the CoreAudio framework, available on the Apple
website.
 Build¶<http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/audiolab/sphinx/installing.html#build>For
unix users, if libsndfile is installed in standart location (eg
/usr/lib, /usr/local/lib), the installer should be able to find them
automatically, and you only need to do a “python setup.py install”

Concerning the eventual site.cfg file i have no idea what to do with this it
might be the problem maybe you can give advice?

Thank you