[Numpy-discussion] updated 1.5.1 release schedule

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Sun Nov 7 16:16:09 EST 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since we weren't able to stick to the original schedule for 1.5.1,
> here's a short note about the current status. There are two changes
> that need to go in before RC2:
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/11
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/9
> If no one has time for a review I'll commit those to 1.5.x by Tuesday
> and tag RC2. Final release should be one week after that, unless an
> RC3 is necessary.

Since we will have 2 different dmgs for python2.7 (osx10.3 and osx10.5) and
I don't think there is any check in the installer to make sure the right
python2.7 version is present when installing. The installer only check that
python2.7 is present. I think a check should be added. I am missing somthing
or there are other suggestions I would like to get this in 1.5.1rc2. I not
sure the best way to make this check but I think I can come up with a
solution. Also would need a useful error message.

Vincent

> Cheers,
> Ralf

Thanks