[Numpy-discussion] C-compiler options

Dan Yamins dyamins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:37:44 EST 2010

Hi:

I'm trying to build numpy with python27, 64-bit, on OSX 10.5.8.

When I run  python setup.py build,   only 32-bit binaries get built.   I can
see what is happening is that not 64-bit flags are getting passed to the c
compiler (I don't know about the fortran compiler.

So I have two questions;

1) Shouldn't the system be determining that 64-bit nature automatically?
I've used the same build process on the same machine (in what I thought were
identical situations, apparently not) a number of times in the past, and it
has always built correctly as 64 bit.   I never needed to set compiler
options.

2) How do I set  C compiler options for the numpy build process?

thanks,
Dan