[Numpy-discussion] Trac unaware of github move

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 11 08:40:10 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/9 Sébastien Barthélemy <sebastien.barthelemy at crans.org>:
>> On Sun, 7 Nov 2010, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>>> That will require renaming those files in the source tree from *.txt
>>> to *.rst, otherwise there's no way to have github render them
>>> properly. Unless I missed something. Would that be fine?
>>
>> I think a *.rst.txt extension would also be recognized by github.
>
> Yes it would, documented at https://github.com/github/markup.
>>
>> Note that the docutils FAQ advises against using .rst as a file
>> extension :
>> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#what-s-the-standard-filename-extension-for-a-restructuredtext-file
>>
> Good point. I agree .rst.txt is better.

Renaming all files under doc/ done in
https://github.com/rgommers/numpy/tree/rest-files-extension. For an
example of how github renders this see
https://github.com/rgommers/numpy/blob/rest-files-extension/doc/TESTS.rst.txt
Looks good to me - we can just link to it from the Trac wiki. Will
push this in a few days unless I hear otherwise.

Cheers,
Ralf