[Numpy-discussion] bzr mirror

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 07:35:18 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> While cleaning up the numpy wiki start page I came across a bzr mirror
>> that still pointed to svn, https://launchpad.net/numpy, originally
>> registered by Jarrod. It would be good to either point that to git or
>> delete it. I couldn't see how to report or do anything about that on
>> Launchpad, but that's maybe just me - I can never find anything there.
>>
>> For now I've removed the link to it on Trac, if the mirror gets
>> updated please put it back.

Comment 8 at https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+bug/38349 :

"Ask to deactivate the project at
    https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+addquestion

If the project has no data that is useful to the community, it will be
deactivated. If the project has code or bugs, the community may still
use the project even if the maintainers are no interested in it.
Launchpad admins will not deactivate projects that the community can
use. Consider transferring maintainership to another user."

Note the continued use of "deactivate" throughout the answer to
repeated inquiries of how to delete a project. From
https://help.launchpad.net/PrivacyPolicy :

"Launchpad retains all data submitted by users permanently.

Except in the circumstances listed below, Launchpad will only delete
data if required to do so by law or if data (including files, PPA
submissions, bug reports, bug comments, bug attachments, and
translations) is inappropriate. Canonical reserves the right to
determine whether data is inappropriate. Spam, malicious code, and
defamation are considered inappropriate. Where data is deleted, it
will be removed from the Launchpad database but it may continue to
exist in backup archives which are maintained by Canonical."