[Numpy-discussion] Advise for numerical programming content (New python user)

srinivas zinka zinka4u at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 00:40:53 EST 2010

For a beginner, I think "pythonxy" is a good option.
Then you don't have to worry about the compatibility issue.
http://www.pythonxy.com/

and as for the plotting, you can use the following packages:
2D - Matplotlib or Gnuplot (both are good ... but, if you want Matlab kind
of environment, try Matplotlib)
3D - Mayavi or Gnuplot (I think Gnuplot has some limitations in 3D plotting)

regards
zinka