[Numpy-discussion] numpy.distutils

Charles Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Thu Oct 7 18:40:53 EDT 2010

 Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a numpy.distutils or a regular distutils issue
so please excuse me if it doesn't belong here.

I 'm using numpy 1.4.1 and I have a C extension (using numpy arrays)
that I built with numpy.

When I'm debugging I frequently have to rebuild.

It use to rebuild only the C files that had been touched.

Since python 2.7 (it seems to be the trigger) it now ALWAYS rebuild
EVERY C file wherever or not they need to.

Did anybody else noticed this? Anybody know what changed (the fact that
it's since Python 2.7 make me think it might be pure distutils related)

Any insight on how distuils and numpy.distutils are related would be
great too!

Thanks,

C.