[Numpy-discussion] numpy.distutils

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:39:10 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Charles Doutriaux <doutriaux1 at llnl.gov> wrote:

> Did anybody else noticed this? Anybody know what changed (the fact that
> it's since Python 2.7 make me think it might be pure distutils related)

Could you check whether you still see the issue without using
numpy.distutils ? I actually would be surprised to see it as a
distutils issue proper, as somebody would have almost certainly
noticed it already.

> Any insight on how distuils and numpy.distutils are related would be
> great too!

numpy.distutils uses distutils, but in an unconvential way, because it
needs to hook itself to internals. Hence, any non trivial change (and
even trivial, sometimes) can break numpy.distutils.

cheers,

David