[Numpy-discussion] Schedule for 1.5.1?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 8 10:41:50 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Nils Becker <n.becker at amolf.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what about the normed=True bug in numpy.histogram? It was discussed here
> a while ago, and fixed (although i did not find it on the tracker), but
> the message
>
> <AANLkTikWBSRxq0YnF3u3JO3ekriKszmWQy30pnSFG8Dr at mail.gmail.com>
>
> suggests it just missed 1.5.0? I don't have 1.5 installed, so I can't
> check right now.

It did. Changesets are r8672, r8674, r8678.

> sorry to mention my personal pet bug, but maybe it's also a candidate?
>
> I don't think so, because it breaks backwards compatibility as Robert
pointed out:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/39746/focus=40089
The preferred solution by most people in that thread, adding a "density"
keyword, has also not been implemented. To not forget about it I opened a
ticket for this, http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1628.

Cheers,
Ralf