[Numpy-discussion] numpy.distutils

Charles Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Mon Oct 11 14:39:31 EDT 2010

 Hi David,

The behaviour is there in regular distutils, it is apparently a known
bug, I'm copy/pasting their answer in there for information.

thanks,

C.

Answer (from Tarek Ziade):

This is a regression I introduced to fix the fact that the .so are not
rebuilt we you do subtle changes in your project.

We ended up reverting this, and the changes will be done in
Distutils2. see: http://BLOCKEDbugs.python.org/issue8688 for the details.