[Numpy-discussion] Development workflow

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 14:55:04 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> Lots of good reading :) Just thought I'd put a plug in for the
> contributor that may make only a few contributions and needs a simple
> workflow to do so. It would be great if they could just..
> make there own fork
> clone the branch of interest
> make changes
> push to there own fork
> request pull.
>
> I think part of the point of moving to git was to make these types of
> contributions easier. Ideally there would be instructions here
> http://www.numpy.org/

Matthew Brett has prepared a document with much of this in ready-to-digest form:

http://github.com/matthew-brett/gitwash

It's meant for easy inclusion in other projects (if they agree with
the worfklow it presents), here it is for example rendered with the
urls pointing to ipython repos:

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/nightly/html/development/gitwash/index.html

Cheers,