[Numpy-discussion] Need help for the migration from Numeric to numpy

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 14 13:55:33 EDT 2010

On 10/14/10 9:46 AM, Frank Thommen wrote:
> We are speaking of potentially several hundred files.  It's part of the
> scientific work of the user of the last nine years...

Let's hope he's got some tests!

> Which conversion script do you mean?  I couldn't find any conversion
> script that works or comes close to working.

I don't know anything you don't know -- I thought you got a script to
work, it just didn't do the full job -- it may well have done some of
the simple scut work, though.

Anyway, hundreds of files sounds like a lot, but while it's boring work,
it's probably less than you'd think once you get started. You'd want a
multiple-file search and replace tool, though.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov