[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.5.1 release candidate 1

Friedrich Romstedt friedrichromstedt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:23:39 EDT 2010

I found some issues on Mac OS X 10.5 ppc in py2.5.4:

See here:

http://github.com/friedrichromstedt/numpy/tree/release%2F1.5.1rc1%2Fpy2.5-python.org-macosx10.3/release/logs/osx105rh/

I tested also on 10.6 intel and 10.5 intel, there are no Fs.

The Python was freshly installed, only nose & the numpy-py2.5 installer.

I'm sorry, I cannot say atm how to get to the installer, we seem to
have some port forwarding problem (the build machine and the OS X
server in the network seem to be fighting)

I discussed with Ralf about what to put into this tree, and I did
*not* put binaries.  There where binaries in the repo before, but they
shouldn't be fetched now, since I removed the branch containing them.

One more question: Do I have to install gfortran to do full testing?
I see some S.

I now say my installer numpy-1.5.1rc1-py2.5-python.org-macosx10.3.dmg,
built on 10.5, is fully functional and free to the public.  The docs
look also good now.

Vincent, can you confirm the same for yours?

Why do we not ship with the html docs?  I find them much more useful
than the pdf.

I'll continue tomorrow (it's evening here now) with testing in py2.6,
py2.7 Vincent's installers if the problem is py2.5 ppc specific. Maybe
it's obvious to someone else than me what's going wrong there.

The build logs are under release/logs/osx105vmd/.

Friedrich