[Numpy-discussion] inversion of large matrices

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 04:07:05 EDT 2010

is it really the covariance matrix you want to invert? Or do you want
to compute something like
x^T C^{-1} x,
where x is an array of size N and C an array of size (N,N)?

It would also be interesting to know how the covariance matrix gets computed
and what its condition number is, at least approximately.