[Numpy-discussion] Github migration?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Sep 2 15:16:31 EDT 2010

Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:22:30 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
[clip]
> I do have a question of how the maintenance branch shows up in the
> github network tool, that is, I expected to see the different release
> branches coming off the master branch whereas the all seem to be points
> along mainteance.  However, that may just be an artifact of the network
> tool and I am not understanding what it is showing.

It looks correct to me -- I don't understand what the problem you are
seeing is. (Anyway, it sounds Github-related.)

What the network tool shows to me is that there is a master branch, and
the release branches maintenance/1.x.y branch off it at some point in the
history. For instance, maintenance/1.5.x branches off at July 7th 2010.

Earlier in the history (e.g. around Feb 18th 2009) in the master branch
there's more branching and merging. These are from topic branches, such
as what branches/fix_float_format in SVN that got later on merged to
trunk. Github seems to show these in different colors, but in reality
they are just a part of the master branch history.

So all in all, it looks correct to me.

--
Pauli Virtanen