[Numpy-discussion] Can't install numpy

David david at silveregg.co.jp
Sun Sep 12 21:09:32 EDT 2010

On 09/13/2010 01:45 AM, Felix Stödter wrote:
> Hi numpy-team,
>
> unfortunately I can't install numpy. When I try to excecute the exe-file I get a message like "Pyhton 2.6 required". Pyhton is installed within another programme (Marc/Mentat). Can't he find it because of that? I know that it is possible to install numpy with this Python in Marc/Mentat. But how? Do you know what I can do about it?

What are you trying to do ?

If Marc Mentat is using numpy internally (I don't know anything about
that product), and you want to update numpy there, I strongly advise you
*not* to install anything there unless they explicitely support it.

If you just want to install numpy to use straight numpy, you should
install it on top on python installed outside marc mentat,

cheers,

David