[Numpy-discussion] Can we freeze the subversion repository and move to github this week?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:10:48 EDT 2010

<snip>

Now that we have the repository, let's revisit the .gitignore file that I
removed from svn. IIRC, Stefan complained and Pauli more or less agreed with
the removal. However, after browsing about the net, the suggested policy is
that files that should be excluded in all the clones of the repository
should go in .gitignore and local exclusions should go in .git/info/exclude.
So it seems we should commit a .gitignore file just to help avoid accidental
additions. As a start, I suggest the following contents:

*.o
*.a
*.pyc
*.swp