[Numpy-discussion] weighted mean; weighted standard error of the mean (sem)

alan at ajackson.org alan at ajackson.org
Wed Sep 15 21:14:05 EDT 2010

>I am looking for some reaally basic statistical tools. I have some
>sample data, some sample weights for those measurements, and I want to
>calculate a mean and a standard error of the mean.

I have been working through an R training class, converting the examples and
exercises to numpy and scipy.

Some of what you want may be there.

http://www.oplnk.net/~ajackson/software/

| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| alan at ajackson.org          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |
| www.ajackson.org           | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas             | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake       |