[Numpy-discussion] Improvements to SciPy.org Server

Aaron River ariver at enthought.com
Wed Sep 29 13:48:33 EDT 2010

Greetings Gentle Folk,

I'm happy to announce that the server hosting SciPy.org,
as well as other OSS projects, has been migrated into a
cluster assigned to our community support efforts.

The base instance itself remains relatively unchanged,
but is now running atop a more capable set of servers.
(Improvements to the services themselves are next in line.)

Yesterday afternoon, I allowed the system to run with
the configurations carried over from the old hardware,
while watching the services for warning signs of trouble.

Then, that evening, I loosened things up and adjusted
configurations to better utilize the available resources.

Though I always expect there to be "gotchas", I've thus far
observed much improved response times and throughput.

If you do experience any problems,
please do not hesitate to let us know.

We hope you enjoy the improvements to SciPy.org.

Thanks,

--
Aaron River
Sr IT Administrator