[Numpy-discussion] Improvements to SciPy.org Server

Sebastian Haase seb.haase at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 03:15:17 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Aaron River <ariver at enthought.com> wrote:
>> Greetings Gentle Folk,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce that the server hosting SciPy.org,
>> as well as other OSS projects, has been migrated into a
>> cluster assigned to our community support efforts.
>
> As someone who has been grateful, yet frustrated over the years
> because the flakiness of the server has impacted ipython on occasion,
> I'd like to thank you for this!
>
> I can tell right away that things are *much* better, because this page
> had become very hit-or-miss on whether it would even render at all
> (and when it did, it usually took forever to come back):
>
> http://www.scipy.org/Topical_Software
>
> and now it's instant.  I hadn't seen that page render this quickly
> since the day I created it as a tiny list of bookmarks some 6 years
> ago!
>
> So many, many thanks :)

On this note,
I looked at this page and the first two links I looked at (pycode &
graceplot) where broken ...
Is there a tool to highlight broken links in some way .... ?
Obviously this is a general problem of wiki sites that exceed a
certain life time ;-)
(maybe there is a moinmoin plugin ...)

Thanks for scipy,
Sebastian Haase