[Numpy-discussion] 1.6.0b1 half float buffer bug?

Mark Wiebe mwwiebe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 20:28:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Eli Stevens (Gmail)
<wickedgrey at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Eli Stevens (Gmail)
> > <wickedgrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Next up for me is to get a patch onto the CPython issue tracker, but
> >> as soon as I have that done, I'll start working on adding unit tests
> >> to my numpy fork.  I anticipate being able to get that done today.
> >
> > Sounds good.
>
> CPython issue here:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue11734
>
> My numpy changes so far:
>
> https://github.com/wickedgrey/numpy/compare/23965b6b665985390d7a...maintenance%2F1.6.x
>
> >From my last commit message:
> "Note that my changes to _internal were mostly of the "make it work"
> variety; I'm not really understanding the wider scope.  Very much
> needs review by wiser eyes."
>
> I'd also appreciate some feedback on the unit test coverage; the
> test_roundtrip_half function uncovered a problem that the other two
> didn't (which surprised me), and I'd like to make sure that there
> aren't more gaps in the tests that I've written.

Your changes look fine to me, and I think the tests are reasonable as is. I
would suggest tidying up your commit messages a bit, creating an enhancement
bug in the bug tracker, and making a pull request. Some info about the pull
requests is here:

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/gitwash/development_workflow.html

-Mark