[Numpy-discussion] Uninstallation of 1.6.0b2 leaves files behind with Python3.x under windows 7

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:01:25 EDT 2011

Hi,
 I tend to get files left behind for 32-bit versions of Python 3.1 and
Python3.2 usually after I have ran the tests and then immediately try
to uninstall it using the Windows uninstaller via control panel.

With  Python 3.1 files are left behind have the '.pyd' suffix:
C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\numpy\linalg\lapack_lite.pyd
C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\numpy\fft\fftpack_lite.pyd

With Python 3.2, most are in the  __pycache__ directories. I do not
see these  __pycache__ directories with Python3.1 binary installer.

Also can people with Windows check that ticket 144 (Uninstall in
Windows does not remove some directories) is still valid?
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1466

I do not see this with the Python 2.x - I think...

Bruce