[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Mahotas 0.6.4

Luis Pedro Coelho lpc at cmu.edu
Thu Apr 7 16:02:29 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I'm happy to announce a new release of mahotas, my computer vision
library for Python.

WHAT'S MAHOTAS
--------------

Mahotas is a library which includes several image processing algorithm.
It works over numpy arrays. All its computation heavy functions are
implemented in C++ (using templates so that they work for every data
type without conversions).

The result is a fast, optimised image processing and computer vision
library.

It is under heavy development and has no known bugs. Reported bugs
almost always get fixed in a day.

WHAT'S NEW
----------

Major change is that Mac OS compilation now works! Thanks to K-Michael
Aye for the patch that saved the day.

Minor changes include fixes to ``cwatershed`` and adding the tests to
the source distribution (use `python setup.py test` to run them). Some
of these.

INFO
----
*API Docs*: http://packages.python.org/mahotas/

*Mailing List*: Use the pythonvision mailing list
http://groups.google.com/group/pythonvision?pli=1 for questions, bug
submissions, etc.

*Author*: Luis Pedro Coelho (with code by Zachary Pincus [from
scikits.image], Peter J. Verveer [from scipy.ndimage], and Davis King
[from dlib]

*License*: GPLv2

Thank you,
--