[Numpy-discussion] status for 1.6.0

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Sun Apr 17 20:36:15 EDT 2011

On 4/17/2011 8:55 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The list of open issues for 1.6.0 is down to a handful:
>
> - f2py segfault on Ubuntu reported by David (David, did you get any
> further with this?)
> - #1801: test_noncentral_f failure on win64
> - #1798: type promotion regression (needs review,
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/73)
> - API docs for new parameters to ufuncs (full list: 'casting', 'out',
> 'order', 'subok', 'dtype'),
> - API docs, some docstrings and update of NEP for datetime
>
> I'm planning to release the first release candidate next weekend if
> these are solved.  As far as I know no one is working on the doc
> issues right now. It would be great if someone could step up and do
> this.
>
> Thanks,
> Ralf

Hi Ralf,

I submitted a patch for issue #1801. All tests now pass on
win-amd64-py3.2 with numpy 1.6.x from git.

Would it be possible to get the attached patch for scipy ticket #678
<http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/678> into numpy 1.6? The
fix/workaround for the scipy ODR failures is to change the ifort
optimization flag from /O3 to /O1.

Christoph