[Numpy-discussion] status for 1.6.0

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:54:18 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The list of open issues for 1.6.0 is down to a handful:
>>
>> - f2py segfault on Ubuntu reported by David (David, did you get any
>> further with this?)
>
> I could reproduce on another machine (MAC OS X, different hardware), I
> will take a look at it tonight.

Ok, so the problem appears only when run through nosetests for a
in-place build of numpy. I think it is fair to say it is a bug
somewhere in nosetests or some weird import-related corner cases that
we don't care about.

If I run the same failing test for a "normal" install, I don't get the issue.

cheers,

David